Sweden Visa Document Requirements
Proper and complete documentation forms a vital part of the Schengen Visa procedure. Sweden, a Scandinavian nation was a part of Schengen Treaty signed in the year 1985 but UK was not the part of the treaty. Although UK did not sign the Schengen Agreement, still British Citizens are permitted to enter the Schengen Zone without obtaining the Schengen Visa and can travel across Europe. But with the recent decision of UK to leave The European Union may give rise to Visa requirements for British Citizens as well and the upcoming years would clarify the position on the same. Therefore, Sweden, which is one of the 26 countries of the Schengen Agreement, allows the UK citizens to enter Sweden without a Sweden Schengen Visa.
The documentation requirement would vary as per the applicant’s category i.e. whether he/she is a resident in UK or living there for the purpose of studies or as a spouse of UK national. We therefore, assist you by providing the required guidance regarding the Sweden Visa requirements UK and fixing your appointment with the embassy.
Document Requirements for making a Sweden Visa Application
General Document for Sweden Visa requirements UK for Sweden Tourist Visa:
- Swedish Visaapplicant must possess Original, Valid and Signed passport issued in less than 10 years ago. The passport must have at least 2 blank “Visa” pages and it must be valid for a period of at least 90 days beyond the date of departure from the Schengen country.
- A recent, colored Passport size photograph(45 mm X 35 mm) taken on a light (white or off-white) background should be glued with the Swedish Visa Application Form. The photograph should not be more than 6 months old and should show all the facial characteristics of the applicant clearly. Photograph should show the complete face (non-smiling) and the applicant should not be wearing any sunglasses or head cover in the photograph except the religious head wear.
- Schengen Visa Application Formwith 37 columns should be filled with due care by the applicant before submission. The applicant/guardian along with the signatures should fill the last column for declaration. Any error in the Sweden Visa Application Form will render it invalid.
- British Residence Permit(either stamped in the passport or in the form of biometric card) should be presented in the embassy (Original as well as the copy and should exceed the validity of the Visa requested by 90 days).
- Travel Insurance (all risk medical travel insurance) should state the applicant’s name clearly and must cover Sweden and rest of the countries of the Schengen Zone. The insurance should cover the entire period of stay in the Schengen countries and should provide for all the emergency expenses of the applicant along with repatriation (in case death clause is included). The minimum insurance cover should be of EUR 30,000.
- Proof of Travel (Airplane/Train/Boat/Coach/ (Hired) Car)
- Confirmed return travel tickets should be produced as the proof of travel and the dates of travel to and from the Schengen Area along should be mentioned along with the name of applicant.
- If the travel is via car then, documents such as Car Registration, Car Insurance, and return travel tickets (Ferry or Eurotunnel) stating the car’s registration number and driver’s driving license should be produced. If the applicant is not the driver of the car meant for the travelling purpose, then a signed and dated cover letter by the driver of the car should be provided, confirming joint travel with the applicant and travel dates.
- Confirmed Accommodation reservations should be provided stating details such as the name of applicant, dates of travel and address of accommodation.
- A joint travel confirmation letter (for cases where applicant’s name is not mentioned in the accommodation reservation), signed and dated by the person, whose name is on the reservation is necessary to be provided. The joint travel confirmation letter should be provided along with copy of that person’s ID Card/Passport plus passport’s signature page (if signature is not on the bio page of the passport).
- If, the accommodation is reserved for the entire group, then a list containing the names of all the group members is required or alternatively the group members’ names may be mentioned on the travel ticket as well.
- Last 3 months UK Current Bank Account’s Bank Statement should be furnished by the applicant showing details like applicant’s name, address and an end balance, dated within the last month of the online Sweden Visa Application submission date. The applicant should also possess sufficient balance in his/her bank account with at least minimum amount of £ 30.00/day of stay in the Schengen Zone plus outstanding accommodation along with travel fees.
- Travelers’ Cheque covering the same amount as stated in the point above.
- Specific Sweden Visa requirements UK Documents for Tourist Visa:
Apart from general documents, there are some specific documents, which vary as per the status of the applicant and are required during application as follows:
- Last 3 Months’ Pay slips or
- Employer Letter in original, which is less than 1 month old and signed. The headed letter should be addressed to the Mission and should state the name and position of the signee along with stating confirmation regarding the applicant’s employment.
- Self Employed
- Self-Employment Letter in original, which is less than 1 month old and signed. The headed letter should be addressed to the Mission and should state the name and position of the signee. It should also confirm the applicant’s self-employment. The letter can be obtained from applicant’s Accountant/Solicitor/Bank Manager/Companies House (Certificate of Incorporation received upon registration of Business) – if applicable.
- Receiving Benefits – Recent Original Letter obtained from local Job centre or Pension Service should be provided.
Documents of Marriage and Spouse – in the cases where the Sweden Visa applicant may be sponsored by the Spouse or Registered Partner
- Marriage Certificate (Original as well as Copy) – If the document was originally issued outside the European Union and is neither in English or Swedish, then it should be translated by a certified translator in UK.
- Spouse or Registered Partner’s Passport (Original as well as Copy)
- Spouse or Registered Partner’s Proof of Occupation
- Spouse or Registered Partner’s Proof of Funds
- Spouse or Registered Partner’s Cover Letter. It should be dated and signed, confirming the sponsorship.
- Sweden student visa requirements
- Educational Documents (i.e. Student Letter)
You should have UK School/College/University original letter that should be less than 1 month old and signed. The headed letter should be addressed to the Mission and should state the name and position of the signee along with stating confirmation regarding the applicant’s enrollment.